Combined by Australia's Alpha Omega to create 'Transdimensional Paradox' (only an excerpt here - sorry!)
Roqueting through Space" was issued in early spring of 2011, an album-length collection of songs issued on 12-inch vinyl with a bonus 7-inch single as part of the package. Roqueting Through Space" is a good quality collection of cover tunes, most of which are given alternative arrangements and otherwise transformed to a lesser or greater extent from the originals. And if you generally like space rock and krautrock, and in particular if most of the songs covered here are material you know and like, you will probably enjoy this package .
Various - Roqueting Through Space. Fruits de Mer Records. Something In The Air (as Curvey) Various - Keep Off The Grass (Comp). Crustacean 63. UK. 2015. The Honey Pot. The Honey Pot - Ascending Scales (Album).
The album features Palace of Swords' version of 'Lila Engel', originally recorded by Neu!) astralzoneblog. Various Artists – Kopf Musik. Psychedelic music blog. Kopf Musik festures everything from 'Head Music', most of 'Shrunken Head Music', plus tracks from 'Roqueting Through Space' and more (including the 22 minute version of 'China' by The Bevis Frond, from the Sideways' LP). Palace of Swords.
ALPHA OMEGA landed on earth in 1999, being Space Rock to the shores of Brisbane Australia. ALPHA OMEGA are guaranteed to satisfy fans of the Hawkwind school of Space Rock and have contributed songs to Daze of the Underground - A Tribute to Hawkwind and Fruits De Mer Records - Roqueting Through Space. Their 3rd studio album "Down the Gravity Well' is released on Clostridium Records September 2013.
side1 (22:33) Moonweevil: 1 – Condentia (1:50). side2 (22:40) Sendelica: 1 – 80% Neon Bridge Of Sighs (10:41). Temple Music: 2 – From The Serene Republic (6:34) The Grand Astoria: 3 – Space Orchid vs Massive Drumkit (5:25). Cat Frequency 1 – The Fragmentation of St. Veronica’s Veil (7:23).
Various artists - Roqueting through Space. Year: 2011 Produced by: plenty of people Label: Fruits de Mer Records. I'm not really a huge fan of space rock and if I never hear another Hawkwind or Gong song, it won't be the end of the world. So I suppose some of you will understand my trepidation when I got the CD with covers of space rock classics. I'm a bit more keen on Krautrock, so the inclusion of a few Krautrock pieces made the pre-listening experience slightly easier. The covers on this album include some of the most famous names in this particular branch of music. Names like Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, Julian Cope, Neu! and Can. The bands do a very strong interpretation of the songs, with especially Frobisher Neck doing an awesome version of Neu!’s Isi.
Their third album named Omnipresence was released at January 1, 2011. On August 5, 2011 the 7" Single "Caesar Enters the Palace of Doom" was released on German Label Setalight Records. Roqueting Through Space ("Oh, Yeah") (2011, Fruits De Mer Records). Son of the Transcendental Maggot ("Light: Look at Your Sun") (2011, Tsuguri Records).
The Race for Space is the second studio album by British alternative group Public Service Broadcasting. Working with sound samples from the British Film Institute, the album relives the story of the American and Soviet space race from 1957-1972. The opening track features the speech by John F. Kennedy on September 12, 1962 at Rice University
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||–Vibravoid||No Silver Bird
Written-By – Ernie Phillips
|2||–Vert:x||I Come From Another Planet, Baby
Written-By – Julian Cope
Written-By – Klaus Dinger, Michael Rother
|4||–Cranium Pie With Baking Research Station||Blacksand
Written-By – Cleise, Joel Vandroogenbroeck, Ron Bryer
|5||–The Luck Of Eden Hall||Lucifer Sam
Written-By – Syd Barrett
Written-By – Klaus Dinger, Michael Rother
|7||–The Grand Astoria||Oh Yeah
Written-By – Damo Suzuki, Irmin Schmidt, Jaki Liebezeit, Michael Karoli, Schuering
Written-By – Joe Meek
|9||–Alpha Omega||Transdimentional Paradox
Written-By – Dave Brock
|10||–Sendelica With Nik Turner||Urban Guerilla
Written-By – Dave Brock, Robert Calvert
- Artwork – Gergory Curvey
- Bass – Glenda Pescado (tracks: D), Greg Baxter (tracks: C), Mark Lofgren (tracks: B2), Steven Jamieson (tracks: A3)
- Bass, Guitar, Vocals – Neil Whitehead (tracks: A2)
- Drum Programming, Synthesizer – Colin Consterdine (tracks: D)
- Drums – Carlos Mendoza (tracks: B2), Martin Macvicar (tracks: A3), Stuart Hodgson (tracks: C)
- Drums, Bass, Organ, Guitar, Vocals, Percussion – Vibravoid (tracks: A1)
- Drums, Vocals – Keith Hill (tracks: A2)
- Engineer – Serj Ryltsev (tracks: B4)
- Guitar – Gary Hughes (tracks: A3), Igor Suvorov (tracks: B4), John-Paul Hughes (tracks: A3), Peter Bingham (tracks: D)
- Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keyboards, Voice, Percussion – Diarmuid MacDiarmada (tracks: B5)
- Guitar, Keyboards – Paul Power (tracks: C)
- Guitar, Vocals – Gregory Curvey (tracks: B2)
- Keyboards – Alexander Karpov (tracks: B4), Laura O´Brien (tracks: A3)
- Organ, Mellotron, Keyboards, Bass, Percussion – Tony Swettenham (tracks: B3)
- Saxophone – Nik Turner (tracks: D)
- Sounds – Gary Sharp (tracks: A3), Roy Appleton (tracks: B1), Tim Bray (tracks: B1)
- Vocals – Craing High (tracks: D), Leisha Underhill (tracks: C)
- Vocals, Harmonica, Percussion – Kamille Sharapodinov (tracks: B4)
Tracks originally by:
A1: Hooterville Trolley
A2: Julian Cope
B2: Pink Floyd
B5: The Tornados
A side: Hawkwind
AA side: Hawkwind
|crustacean 18||Various||Roqueting Through Space (LP, Ltd, Blu + 7", Ltd, Red)||Fruits de Mer Records||crustacean 18||UK||2011|
|crustacean 18||Various||Roqueting Through Space (LP, Ltd, Blu + 7", Ltd, Whi)||Fruits de Mer Records||crustacean 18||UK||2011|