Rare Original Print, 80's Boogie, Disco Funk, Album From Nigeria's own, Amas Titled Grill Label: PHONODISK Country: Nigeria Released: 1981.
com Music Consulting by DJ Xela L - ww. jxelal. com All rights of this reissue reserved to Presch Media GmbH.
Listen free to Amas – Grill (Children, Fire and Rain and more). 8 tracks (). Discover more music, concerts, videos, and pictures with the largest catalogue online at Last.
product description page. CD Amas - Grill (CD).
Gbubemi Amas 'Fire and Rain' Amas Grill Album' Phonodisc Lagos. 5. See all. Posts. 5 January · Port Talbot, United Kingdom ·. Gbubemi Amas Grill. Congratulations: Very Highly Recommended Reissues Amas – Grill at ww. fricanjazz. info Thanks for the beautiful music and all the best for 2017. Abraham Ebou Sanyang – featured on Injo by Matuki - (Master drummer/lead vocalist who fronts a UK based Afrobeat/afrofunk outfit, (Gambia).
In stock now for same day shipping. Gbubemi Amas is hardly Nigeria's most famous musical export. He began his career at the dawn of the 1980s, enjoying a certain level of success with debut album Grill. That set, reissued here for the first time since, was in many ways typical of developments in Nigerian popular music at the time. Amas was one of a new generation of artists moving away from the Afrobeat and Highlife styles that had dominated Lagos in the 1970s, instead laying down punchy, pop-tinged cuts heavily influenced by both American dance music (and in particular disco and boogie), and AOR rock.
Amas Grill - Slow Down. Number two comes in the form of 'Slow Down' from the hugely sought after 1981 'Grill' album by Amas. But 'Slow Down' it doesn't! With a catchy, pulsating drum intro, layers of incredible stabbing piano and damn-right groovy guitar licks, by the time the vocals come in, you're already in a state of Afro-euphoria!
On this unique album Steve Black presents a new version of the smasher 'Brand New Wayo', originally played by the band Mixed Grill, in which Steve Black was also the singer. Along with that hit 'Village Boogie!' gives us six other groovers and movers that make your hips shake like you were hit by an earthquake, and in fact this is an earthquake of ever pulsating polyrhythmic drum and percussion patterns, as solid platform for lush horn arrangements and swinging bass lines.
|A2||Fire And Rain|
|B4||Spending My Life|
- Manufactured By – Presch Media GmbH
- Distributed By – Presch Media GmbH
- Copyright (c) – Presch Media GmbH
- Mastered At – Soundtempel Studio
- Acoustic Guitar, Flute – Jean Ketchabia
- Acoustic Guitar, Rhythm Guitar – Eugene Ndema
- Alto Saxophone, Flute – Batere Fidel* (tracks: A4, B1)
- Bass – Willy Nfor*
- Bass Guitar – Basil Barap (tracks: A1, A2)
- Clavinet – Nkono Teles
- Composed By, Arranged By – G. Amas* (tracks: A1, A3 to B4)
- Design, Director Of Photography – Mohammed Arahi
- Drums – Paul*
- Drums, Percussion – Steve Black*
- Electric Piano [Electric Grand Piano], Clavinet, Organ – Tony Benson
- Engineer – Kayode Salami
- Engineer [Assistant] – G. Ukonu*
- Guitar [Tenor Guitar], Rhythm Guitar – Eno Louis
- Keyboards – Will Roy*
- Mastered By, Mixed By – Chas Gerber
- Photography By – Mac Duama
- Producer, Directed By – Tony Essien
- Trumpet – Fredo Ndoumbez*
- Trumpet [1st Trumpet] – Eddy Okonta (tracks: A3)
Notes℗ 1981 Amas
© 2016 Presch Media GmbH
2016 mastering at www.soundtempel.com
Music Consulting by DJ Xela L - www.djxelal.com
All rights of this reissue reserved to Presch Media GmbH
|PHD 010||Amas||Grill (LP)||Phonodisk||PHD 010||Nigeria||1981|
|PMG049CD||Amas||Grill (CD, Album, RE)||PMG||PMG049CD||Austria||2016|