It is considered their breakthrough album, largely owing to the song "Bohemian Like You" being featured in a notable Vodafone advertisement. Four singles were released from the album: "Get Off", "Bohemian Like You", "Godless" and "Horse Pills" (the last in Australia only).
100 Hits - Driving Rock. Авторы текста и музыки. Courtney Taylor-Taylor. UMG (от лица компании "100 Hits"); LatinAutor, Abramus Digital, Audiam (Publishing), ARESA, LatinAutor - PeerMusic, BMI - Broadcast Music In. и другие авторские общества (13). Безопасный режим: выкл.
Mastered @ Sterling Sound, NYC All songs published by Dandy Warhols Music/Chrysalis Music Limited, UK Digital Audio Technologies Australia Long Playing Maxigroove Manufactured and distributed by the EMI Music Group Australasia.
Over a decade after its initial release, the Dandy Warhols' THIRTEEN TALES FROM URBAN BOHEMIA still holds up. Sometimes elegant, sometimes ham-fisted, sometimes ironic and detached, all of the songs here are well-crafted pop songs with super-strong melodies. The album is creative, but it pulls upon a wealth of great influences. 13 Tales" is much more solid than the previous "Come Down" and consistently better songwriting. If you don't know their music, this album is a tasty starting point. It is a rockin' album, but it is very dynamic - from quieter and melodic tunes to 'balls to the wall' blasts of fuzz and distortion intended to annoy neighbors. Song-writing varies from fairly simple and repetitive (Nietzche) to clever songs with hooks, complex chord structure, and intricate harmonies. At times dissonant, at others sweetly harmonious, and sometimes a bit of both.
Pop Rock The Dandy Warhols. Band's List Pop Rock The Dandy Warhols Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia. 4. I Love You (Live at the Reading Festival, 1999). Bonus disc: Seven Tales for Urban Australia. 1. Hells Bells (AC/DC cover).
The Dandy Warhols have reissued Thirteen Tales - an album that can stand the test of time says Lisa Lunney. 2013 marks the 13th anniversary of one of the greatest classic rock albums, The Dandy Warhol’s masterpiece, Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia. The album has been newly remastered and expanded for the anniversary release. This album brings us back to a time when music was it its finest. No auto tune, no computerized talent. Just pure, raw talent.
While 13 might be unlucky to some, the Dandy Warhols embraced the inauspicious number on their first live album. Recorded in 2013 to celebrate the 13th anniversary of their third album, Thirteen Tales from Urban Bohemia Live at the Wonder finds the band re-creating its breakthrough album track for track. Although over a decade has passed since the album was originally released, this live set is dripping with the effortless cool of the original, offering fans a clear reminder of why these guys were the darlings of neo-psych both at home and abroad.
More By The Dandy Warhols. Horny As a Dandy (Mousse T. vs. The Dandy Warhols) - EP. 2005. The Dandy Warhols Are Sound.
The Dandy Warhols Come Down. Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia. Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia Live At The Wonder. Welcome To The Monkey House.
Tracklist Hide Credits
Trumpet – Eric Matthews
Trumpet – Vince Di Fiore*
Bass [Upright] – Phil Baker
Strings, Guitar [Tremolo] – Anton Newcombe
Bass [Upright] – Phil Baker
Organ – Joe KaczmarekTrumpet – Eric Matthews
|10||Bohemian Like You
Organ – Erik Gavriluk
Scratches – D.J. Swamp*Vocals [Additional] – Meg Bobbitt
Vocals [Additional] – Meg Bobbitt
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Copyright (c) – Capitol Records, Inc.
- Published By – Dandy Warhols Music
- Published By – Chrysalis Music Ltd.
- Designed At – Servo
- Marketed By – EMI
- Distributed By – EMI
- Mastered At – Sterling Sound
- Glass Mastered At – EMI Swindon
- A&R – Perry Watts-Russell
- Booking [Agency Representation UK] – Derek Kemp, The Agency Group
- Booking [Agency Representation US] – Artistdirect, Marc Geiger, Steve Ferguson
- Design, Layout – Courtney Taylor-Taylor, Steven Birch
- Drums, Backing Vocals – Brent DeBoer
- Engineer [Post-production], Sequenced By – Stiles*
- Guitar – Pete Holmström*
- Guitar [Slide] – Troy Stewart
- Keyboards, Bass – Zia McCabe
- Legal – Peter Paterno
- Management – Frank Gazzo, Mike Quinn
- Management [Handler] – Chris Monlux
- Mastered By – George Marino
- Mixed By – Clark Stiles (tracks: 9 ,11), Dave Sardy (tracks: 1 to 8, 10, 12, 13)
- Photography By [Cover] – Brent DeBoer
- Photography By [Quick Draw Courtney Photo] – Rakin
- Producer – Courtney Taylor-Taylor, Sardy* (tracks: 7, 10), Gregg Williams (tracks: 1 to 6, 8, 9, 11 to 13)
- Producer [Additional] – Sardy*
- Vocals, Guitar – Courtney Taylor-Taylor
- Written-By – Taylor-Taylor*, Holmström* (tracks: 13)
Notes℗© 2000 Capitol Records, Inc.
Made and Printed in EU
This version has a black rear cover with white text. For the EMI UDEN pressing see here.
For another EMI Swindon pressing with a different barcode and the "Demin Jacket" artwork on rear cover see here.
Round white sticker with blue text - "Includes the Singles 'Get Off' & 'Bohemia'" with cat 8577872
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode (As Printed): 7 24385 77872 8
- Barcode (Scanned): 724385778728
- Label Code: LC0148
- Rights Society: BEL BIEM
- Price Code (F): PM 520
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 1): 8577872 . 1 :1:1 EMI SWINDON
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI L042
- Mould SID Code (Variant 1): IFPI 1404
- Matrix / Runout (Variant 2): 8577872 . 1:1:5 EMI SWINDON
- Mastering SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI L042
- Mould SID Code (Variant 2): IFPI 1468
|787LP||The Dandy Warhols||Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (2xLP, Album)||Schizophonic Records, Capitol Records||787LP||US||2000|
|787LP||The Dandy Warhols||Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (LP, Gra + LP, Pin)||Schizophonic Records, Capitol Records||787LP||US||2000|
|3737973||The Dandy Warhols||Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (CD, Album, RE + CD, Comp + Dlx)||Capitol Records||3737973||UK & Europe||2013|
|787LP||The Dandy Warhols||Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (LP, Pin + LP, Tan)||Schizophonic Records, Capitol Records||787LP||US||2000|
|38577874||The Dandy Warhols||Thirteen Tales From Urban Bohemia (Cass, Album)||Gala Records||38577874||Russia||Unknown|