All lyrics from Divine Madness album, popular Bette Midler songs with tracklist and information about album.
Here the first of two songs that have been deleted from the DVD of Divine Madness.
Divine Madness (Bette Midler album). Divine Madness is an album by American singer Bette Midler and the Harlettes, released in 1980. It is a live recording taken from Midler's Divine Madness concert film, released the same year. The album, however, does not contain any of Midler's comedy routines and features only her musical performances from the show and it in fact only provides half of the songs that appear in the film.
Complete your Bette Midler collection. Divine Madness (LP, Album, SP ). Atlantic. K50760, SD 16022, K 50760. Divine Madness (Original Soundtrack Recording) (LP, Album, WEA). ATL 50 760. Bette Midler. Divine Madness (LP, Album).
Bette Midler's second live album and accompany piece to the concert film of the same name.
Divine Madness is an album by American singer Bette Midler, released in 1980. Divine Madness album closes with renditions of rock classics like Bruce Springsteen's "E Street Shuffle", The Rolling Stones' "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and Bob Dylan's "I Shall Be Released". The final film excluded "My Mother's Eyes," despite it being released as a single, and "Shiver Me Timbers" was not featured in the home video release (VHS or DVD). Footage of these songs have not been restored.
Pop Rock Bette Midler. Band Name Bette Midler. Album Name Divine Madness. Labels Atlantic Records.
The Divine Miss M is the debut studio album by American singer and actress Bette Midler, released in 1972 on the Atlantic Records label. The title of the album refers to Midler's famous stage persona. The album was co-produced by Barry Manilow, and includes several songs that since have become repertoire standards, such as "Do You Want to Dance?", "Chapel of Love", "Hello In There", "Friends" and "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy".
Album · 1979 · 9 Songs. Divine Madness (Live) Bette Midler. Listen on Apple Music.
The legendary singer Bette Midler began her amazing recording career in the early '70s, and it is still going strong three decades later. She did this second live album, Divine Madness, a year after her staring role in the well-remembered film the Rose. Music fans that enjoyed the soundtrack from that movie should find Divine Madness just as pleasing and touching, since, like the Rose soundtrack, there are a number of emotional songs on this album, such as "My Mother's Eyes," "Stay With Me," and "I Shall Be Released. There are some upbeat music samples.
Tracklist Hide Credits
|1||Big Noise From Winnetka
Written-By – Bob Crosby, Bob Haggart, Gil Rodin, Ray Bauduc
Written-By – Gil Garfield, Harry Nilsson, Perry Botkin Jr.
|3||Shiver Me Timbers
Written-By – Tom Waits
|4||Fire Down Below
Written-By – Bob Seger
|5||Stay With Me
Written-By – George Weiss*, Jerry Ragovoy
|6||My Mother's Eyes
Written-By – Tom Jans
|Chapel Of Love / Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy||(4:02)|
|7a||Chapel Of Love
Written-By – Jeff Berry, Ellie Greenwich & Phil Spector*
|7b||Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy
Written-By – Don Raye, Hughie Prince
|E Street Shuffle / Summer (The First Time) / Leader Of The Pack||(9:42)|
|8a||E Street Shuffle
Written-By – Bruce Springsteen
|8b||Summer (The First Time)
Written-By – Bobby Goldsboro
|8c||Leader Of The Pack
Written-By – Ellie Greenwich, Jeff Barry, George Morton*
|You Can't Always Get What You Want / I Shall Be Released||(5:56)|
|9a||You Can't Always Get What You Want
Written-By – Mick Jagger & Keith Richards*
|9b||I Shall Be Released
Written-By – Bob Dylan
- Phonographic Copyright (p) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Copyright (c) – Atlantic Recording Corporation
- Recorded At – Wally Heider Studios
- Mixed At – Sunset Sound
- Mixed At – Record One, Los Angeles
- Published By – Bregman, Vocco & Conn, Inc.
- Published By – Rock Music
- Published By – Fifth Floor Music, Inc.
- Published By – Gear Publishing Co.
- Published By – Chappell Music
- Published By – Abilene Music
- Published By – Unichappell Music
- Published By – Almo Music Corp.
- Published By – Only Child Music
- Published By – Mel-Dav Music, Inc.
- Published By – Trio Music Co., Inc.
- Published By – Mother Bertha Music, Inc.
- Published By – MCA Music
- Published By – MCA Inc.
- Published By – Laurel Canyon Music Ltd.
- Published By – Bruce Springsteen
- Published By – Unart Music Corp.
- Published By – Pen In Hand Music, Inc.
- Published By – Robert Mellin Music Publishing Corp.
- Published By – Tender Tunes Music Co.
- Published By – Trio Music Company
- Published By – ABKCO Music, Inc.
- Published By – Dwarf Music
- Arranged By – Randy Kerber, Tony Berg
- Backing Vocals – Diva Gray, Jocelyn Brown, Luther Vandross, Ula Hedwig
- Bass – John Pierce
- Drums – Art Wood
- Engineer [Assistant] – David Lerner , James Ledner, Niko Bolas
- Guitar – Tony Berg
- Keyboards – Joey Carbone, Randy Kerber
- Lead Guitar – Chas Sandford
- Mastered By – Bernie Grundman
- Percussion – Dave Shank
- Producer, Engineer – Dennis Kirk
- Saxophone – David Luell
- Synthesizer – Michael Boddicker
- Trombone, Bass Trombone – Jon Bonine
- Trumpet – Rich Cooper
- Vocals – Bette Midler
- Vocals [Band] – Joey Carbone, Jon Bonine, Randy Kerber, Tony Berg
Notes℗ © 1980 Atlantic Recording Corporation
Made in Germany
Similar version, but with Price Code CA 835.
Full release title is "Bette Midler in Divine Madness".
On the side and on disc listed as: Bette Midler in "Divine Madness" Original Soundtrack Recording.
On the back cover: The Ladd Company Presents Bette Midler in Divine Madness
Barcode and Other Identifiers
- Barcode: 7567814762
- Rights Society: GEMA/BIEM
- Label Code: LC 0121
- Price Code (FRANCE): WE 835
|SD 16022||Bette Midler||Divine Madness (LP, Album, SP )||Atlantic||SD 16022||US||1980|
|16022-2||Bette Midler||Divine Madness (CD, Album, RE)||Atlantic||16022-2||US||Unknown|
|M5A 16022||Bette Midler||Divine Madness (Cass, Album)||Atlantic||M5A 16022||Australia||1980|
|SD 16022||Bette Midler||Divine Madness (LP, Album, Club)||Atlantic||SD 16022||US||1980|
|SD 16022||Bette Midler||Divine Madness (LP, Album, MO )||Atlantic||SD 16022||US||1980|